Re: Converting Sendmail to Postfix - Squirrelmail Maildir

> I'm having a bit of an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with.
> I've recently replaced Sendmail with Postfix, and so far so good.  I also
> ran a script written by Russel Nelson that converts all e-mail located in
> /var/spool/mail to a Maildir format.  That seemed to work just great.
> Now, my issue is with how squirrelmail handles the messages.
> Squirrelmail can not see customer's custom folders that have been
> created, nor can they see any old messages - only new messages are
> visible.  Is there any way to convert how Squirrelmail looks at these
> messages, or any way to convert the old folders to the new format?
> Anyone with experience with this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SquirrelMail doesn't really care about how the mail is stored and where.
All SquirrelMail does is to ask your IMAP server about the folders and
mail, so it's the IMAP server's job to care about the physical storage.
This makes your question off topic on this list.

Try with another IMAP client. My guess it that it won't work either. If
that's the case you've borked your set-up (I hope you kept a backup). It
may be fixed by reconfiguring your IMAP server, your local delivery agent
or undo the conversion to Maildir. Check the documentation for those parts
of your system.

--
Fredrik Jervfors
The SquirrelMail Project