Converting Sendmail to Postfix - Squirrelmail Maildir

I'm having a bit of an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  I've
recently replaced Sendmail with Postfix, and so far so good.  I also ran a
script written by Russel Nelson that converts all e-mail located in
/var/spool/mail to a Maildir format.  That seemed to work just great.  Now,
my issue is with how squirrelmail handles the messages.  Squirrelmail can
not see customer's custom folders that have been created, nor can they see
any old messages - only new messages are visible.  Is there any way to
convert how Squirrelmail looks at these messages, or any way to convert the
old folders to the new format?  Anyone with experience with this?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Miller