Re: SECURITY: SquirrelMail Web Server Status, and Plugins Update

First, thanks very much, as others have said, for the thorough and
thoughtful way you handled this situation.

> Plugins Compromise
> - ------------------
> During the initial announcement, we'd mentioned that we did not
> believe that any of the plugins had been compromised.  Further
> investigation has shown that the following plugins were indeed
> compromised:
>
>   - sasql-3.2.0
>   - multilogin-2.4-1.2.9
>   - change_pass-3.0-1.4.0
>
> Parts of these code changes attempts to send mail to an offsite
> server containing passwords.  We cannot establish a timeline of when
> these plugins were compromised.

Are you able to ascertain whether only that version of Change Password
was compromised? I'm using Change Password 2.7a-1.4.x - although I don't
know when I downloaded it, it was before version 3 was released - should
I be concerned about its integrity? Is there a specific place I could
look in its code for a possible exploit?

I just want to be able to notify users if in fact there may have been a
risk of passwords being compromised.

Thanks,
Jim