Re: Squirrelmail and Framesets

>>> But that loads the squirrelmail.org home page.
>>
>> Until the wiki is back online, the best thing you can do is search the
>> mailing list archives
>
> I searched a lot, saw a lot of posts with questions and the answers
> were…
>
> <http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/EmbeddedSquirrelMailLogin>

Keep looking.  I saw code when I did.

>> Or what might be even easier is to just take the HTML generated by
>> the main SquirrelMail login page and disect the form from that page,
>> putting it on your custom page.
>
> Hmm.. I seem to recall that was a really bad idea.

Huh?  That's the *only* solution there is unless you are looking for
some magic wand or something.

> something more like:
>
> <frameset rows="200,*">
> <frame src="login.php" scrolling="auto">
> <frame src="http://mypage.tld/page.html"; scrolling="auto">
> </frameset>

What you do with framesets is irrelevant to what you are doing with
the login page.  It's *only* a question of what the login page looks
like.

> but as to what goes in the src for the login, and what you set in the
> "Top Frame" of the configuration and such?  Yeah, that seems to be
> offline.

You need to explain what you are trying to do with more details.  If
you are showing the login page in one frame, and need to target the
top or another frame, then do that.  Read about <form> tags in your
favorite HTML tutorial.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team