Re: SquirrelSpell and Addressbook Search Questions

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:17:09 -0400, dwnek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>My Issue:
>
>I have been requested by my department manager to have ail our squirrelmail
>email threads to read from the top down with most recent reply at top
>(opposite of this forum) with the ability for users to only squirrelspell
>check what they have typed and not the previous threads. The closest I have
>been able to come to this is by performing the following:
>
>1. Check both the Use Signature and Prefix Signature with '--' Line
>Personal Information checkbox options (because you have to have a --
>separator to prevent squirrelspell from spellchecking the whole entire
>thread)
>
>2. Set the Cursor Position when Replying Display Preferences option to
>Focus in body. (so tha the cursor is initially sitting above the --
>separator in the Body of the message when clicking on Reply)
>
>The problem is, when a user is composing a new message the cursor is in the
>To field and when they use tab to step through the fields, it takes them
>below the -- separator line therefore squirrelspell never examines any
>text. I have the Compose Extras plugin enabled and have messed with the tab
>index order, however, inevitably people will still first click in the To
>field when composing a new email, then start tabbing through to the Body
>which again places them below the -- separator.
>
>My Question:
>
>How can I configure squirrelmail so that when a user's cursor is not in the
>Body of the message and they tab to the Body (whether replying or composing
>a new email), the cursor moves to the Body of the email ABOVE the --
>separator. This will solve my issue.

I thought the option for cursor position option should handle this,
but if it's triggering javascript to position it might be set to only
execute it once to stop refocus bouncing all over the place.  I'll
take a peek and see if I can figure something out.

>I also still have not gotten a response to the below message yet. Not
>trying to rush anyone, just want to make sure it didn't fall through the
>cracks because of all those squirrelmail sucks threads that went back and
>forth last week. Sorry to group these two separate requests in one email.

>Is there a way to add an additional Use Addresses and Cancel button, before
>the address book user list, right under the "Search for" text box in the
>addrbook_search_html.php file? I tried copying it from further down in the
>script and can get it to display there but I am unable to get it to
>populate the To, Cc and Bcc fields in the Compose view with Address Book
>entries whose To, Cc or Bcc entries are checked.

Pretty sure I replied yesterday, asking for a bug/feature ticket, and
I'd take a look.  Not that they're required together, it just means I
have less chance of forgetting it ;)

--
Jonathan Angliss
<jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>