IMAP connection dropping during login and auto refresh

I'm not sure if this is a squirrelmail issue or imap server one, but thought
someone might be able to help me out.  Often (but not always) when logging
in, users will get an error saying "Connection to IMAP server dropped" and
this also happens almost every time that the folders pane does an auto
refresh.  When you do a browser refresh, everything will load correctly
(sometimes you have to hit refresh twice).  It never (I think) happens when
manually clicking on the link to refresh, or when clicking on one of the
folders.  I've noticed a couple times that when replying to an email, none
of the fields (including textarea) will be pre-populated.

I'm using postfix, dovecot as imap server, and dbmail as storage.
Squirrelmail version 1.4.15, and have the following plugins installed:

//core plugins
$plugins[0] = 'newmail';
$plugins[1] = 'squirrelspell';
$plugins[2] = 'delete_move_next';
$plugins[3] = 'calendar';

//additional plugins
$plugins[6] = 'change_sqlpass';
$plugins[7] = 'compatibility';
$plugins[8] = 'compose_fix';
$plugins[9] = 'email_footer';
$plugins[10] = 'forum';
$plugins[11] = 'html_mail';
$plugins[12] = 'restrict_senders';
$plugins[13] = 'sent_confirmation';
$plugins[15] = 'smallcal';
$plugins[16] = 'todo';
$plugins[17] = 'quota_usage';
$plugins[18] = 'unsafe_image_rules';
$plugins[19] = 'variable_sent_folder';
$plugins[20] = 'login_auto';
$plugins[21] = 'bounce';
$plugins[22] = 'bookmarks';
$plugins[23] = 'spam_buttons';
$plugins[25] = 'show_thumb';
$plugins[26] = 'add_address';

Also, thread sorting is disabled, but server sorting is enabled.

The only error that I've seen in logs that seems to coincide to the times
when this happens is from dbmail, if it means anything to anyone:

Error:[lmtp] lmtp.c,lmtp_handle_connection(+205): client timed, connection
closed

So, I'm thinking it's most likely a problem with dbmail's lmtp daemon, but
also thinking that perhaps it's an issue with squirrelmail session
expiration?

Hope I've provided enough info - any help or suggestions would be
appreciated.

Kris Warner