Re: TOOOO many emails

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> Don't top-post.  PLEASE READ the mailing list posting guidelines before posting.

>>> You don't "download" email with SquirrelMail - it only reads messages
>>> on the server and leaves them there.  SquirrelMail also does not have
>>> any errors that say anything about "download - too many mails".  It
>>> sounds to me like you might be using a POP mail client (Outlook?), not
>>> SquirrelMail.  You may need to contact your service provider instead.
>> TOOO Many emails is my own description.
>>
>> The error I was getting was a timeout error, I was using SquirrelMail
>> web-client. It just can't seem to process the amount of emails there. There
>> are about 103,000 on the list.
>
> Unless you've done more research on SquirrelMail performance and
> optimizing, and include useful information for us to help you with,
> there's nothing anyone can do for you.

	This is the "Admin" account, Jeremy do you have root access? If so, and if as
you say you don't need the mail, then just delete the mail spool (usually
/var/spool/mail/user or /var/mail/user). If you don't have root access, the
call somebody who does and have them do it. I guarantee that will get rid of
the problem:-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC