Re: Change from Courier to Dovecot - config settings for Dovecot?

Alan in Toronto-2 wrote:

> On Mon, March 23, 2009 1:46 pm, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> 2009.03.23 18:12 Alan in Toronto rase:
>>>
>>> Thanks Tomas. Here are the results:

>>> TEST_9
>>> Request:
>>> A004 NAMESPACE
>>> Response:
>>> * NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL NIL
>>> Namespace completed.
>>
>> Use courier preset.
>>
>> Dovecot preset is written for 'NAMESPACE (("" ".")) NIL NIL' and
>> 'NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL'
>
> Okay, and should I leave Folder Delimiter and Folder Prefix as they are
> currently
> set, so that I will use the following?:
>
> IMAP Server Type: Courier
> IMAP Folder Delimiter: .
> Default Folder Prefix: INBOX.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-13.html#ss13.5
* imap_server_type = courier
* default_folder_prefix = INBOX.
* trash_folder = Trash
* sent_folder = Sent
* draft_folder = Drafts
* show_prefix_option = false
* default_sub_of_inbox = false
* show_contain_subfolders_option = false
* optional_delimiter = .

IMAP server type setting can be set to any string. SquirrelMail has one test
for 'courier', but that code is very old and I don't think that you will
notice any differences, if $imap_server_type is set to something else.

Please note that you might have to enforce sent, draft and trash folder
settings, if users have custom values without INBOX prefix in their user
preferences.