Re: MS Word attachments opening problem --more info

Resolved,

Thought I would just post this for reference,in hopes may help someone else.
I deleted this users profile on their computer and now the MS Word docs
opens fine through IE and SM.
Funny thing, even after deleting the users profile( Documents and
Settings)  when opening a word doc the [1] is still added to the filename
in the "open dialouge"
EX: attachment is word.doc
opening shows ;
EX: word[1].doc
But word does open and views the attachment fine regardless without errors.
I am guessing there is an windows registry key hammered somewhere. This PC
has lots of added on software for various special ed stuff that requires
dde support/ MS Office, and all that kind of stuff:)
Also domain logons which also may add to the prob.

SM 1.4.8-4.1.0
Win XP/SP3  , MS Office 2003 (pro).

Thanks,
Barry Cisna