Re: Can't open big folder

Thanks for your response, Marc.

El Mie, 28 de Enero de 2009, 5:41, Marc Powell escribió:

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 10:23 PM, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
>

>> I forgot two little details:
>>

>> The rest of folders work ok with server side sorting and
>> even threading enabled. However it doesn't thread anything. I see the
>> lists as flat as papers.
>
> Did you select Thread View in the mailbox?

Yes, in the offending mailbox I clicked that. I can't be
sure but since that moment I haven't been able to get into
that concrete mailbox so I can't change the view back.

That's the reason why I am afraid to click it on other boxes,
though I understand that this haven't affected the data at all.
I just can't display it using squirrelmail.

After reading your response I've tried the vimperator mailbox
which is much smaller (1549 mails). I opened it and clicked on
the link to thread the view. It took several minutes, after that
I can no longer enter that mailbox. It will hang for several
minutes, then timeout showing me an empty list with just the
header and a couple of links (no, I can't un-thread it).

If I try to reopen the affected mailboxes (now two) then it will
just sit there for several minutes, then abort. The rest of folder
continue to be ok.

>> Second, most of my folders do have several thousands of mails,
>> some of them are of a medium size (all of them under 50mb). The offending
>> folder which causes the bigest problem has the most mails (+23,000 and
>> growing).
>
> Just as a point of comparison, we just moved to a ZFS based backend
> (from a netapp filer), courier-imap, imapproxy, SM 1.4.x, server side
> sorting/threading. I have a test mailbox with 26,489 messages that takes
> ~20 seconds to open. I consider that good since it took minutes,
> if at all, with the netapp. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that
> it's touching all the messages to cache information about them and that
> 1.5.x changes this behavior to only cache headers and such
> for that are currently being displayed in the index.

The problem is that I can't open the mailboxes at all. While some
solution arrives, I would be glad if someone could tell me how to
revert the boxes to their original state, so at least I can view
the most urgent stuff without threading.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.
--
Jesús Guerrero