Re: Can't open big folder

On Jan 27, 2009, at 10:23 PM, Jesús Guerrero wrote:

> I forgot two little details:
>
> The rest of folders work ok with server side sorting and
> even threading enabled. However it doesn't thread anything.
> I see the lists as flat as papers.

Did you select Thread View in the mailbox?

> Second, most of my folders do have several thousands of mails,
> some of them are of a medium size (all of them under 50mb).
> The offending folder which causes the bigest problem has the
> most mails (+23,000 and growing).

Just as a point of comparison, we just moved to a ZFS based backend
(from a netapp filer), courier-imap, imapproxy, SM 1.4.x, server side
sorting/threading. I have a test mailbox with 26,489 messages that
takes ~20 seconds to open. I consider that good since it took minutes,
if at all, with the netapp. My understanding, which could be wrong, is
that it's touching all the messages to cache information about them
and that 1.5.x changes this behavior to only cache headers and such
for that are currently being displayed in the index.

--
Marc