Re: Trouble with Port 443 after Upgrade to 1.4.14-1

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> Thanks for the very thorough posting.  The behavior you explain is
> typical of a situation where the browser doesn't have the cookie
> needed to re-athenticate when redirecting to webmail.php.  You say
> your browser is accepting them, but perhaps there is an issue with the
> secure flag on the cookies?  Some code that sets that flag was added
> to SM version 1.4.16 and slightly changed in 1.4.17, but this should
> not affect version 1.4.14, however, I cannot say what code Fedora may
> have added to that codebase (since it was part of a security fix, it
> is likely that you may have a hybrid between 1.4.14 and 1.4.16/17).
>
> The best way to know if we need to fix something is to install a
> snapshot of our 1.4.18SVN code, found near the bottom of our download
> page.  Tarballs are there for easy download and installation.  If that
> works (you can copy over your other SM config file, but you may want
> to run the config/conf.pl script and re-save (no other action
> required) to make sure it is up to date), then it's a problem with
> whatever Fedora have done to our code.

I installed the SVN version as you requested.
The banner displays as:

SquirrelMail version 1.4.17 [SVN]

So, I know I'm pointing to the proper version.

Same behavior.

So, it appears to be something with SM 1.4.17 and not Fedora.

Do you want me to downgrade to 1.4.14 or similar?

Thanks,

Jim