Re: Trouble with Port 443 after Upgrade to 1.4.14-1

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Jim Duda <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A recent upgrade to 1.4.14-1.fc9 appears to result
> in an issue with login.
>
> After login, I'm immediately redirected to the redirect page.
> I get "you must be logged in to access this page".
>
> I believe the actual login is working.  If I use an invalid
> login/password, then I get the "invalid login password" error.
>
> After I login, I can see successful login and logout messages
> in /var/log/maillog.
>
> I have verified that IMAP is working using thunderbird client
> configured for IMAP.
>
> I've also determined that the issue only occurs when trying to use port 443.
> I need to use port 443 for two reasons.

Thanks for the very thorough posting.  The behavior you explain is
typical of a situation where the browser doesn't have the cookie
needed to re-athenticate when redirecting to webmail.php.  You say
your browser is accepting them, but perhaps there is an issue with the
secure flag on the cookies?  Some code that sets that flag was added
to SM version 1.4.16 and slightly changed in 1.4.17, but this should
not affect version 1.4.14, however, I cannot say what code Fedora may
have added to that codebase (since it was part of a security fix, it
is likely that you may have a hybrid between 1.4.14 and 1.4.16/17).

The best way to know if we need to fix something is to install a
snapshot of our 1.4.18SVN code, found near the bottom of our download
page.  Tarballs are there for easy download and installation.  If that
works (you can copy over your other SM config file, but you may want
to run the config/conf.pl script and re-save (no other action
required) to make sure it is up to date), then it's a problem with
whatever Fedora have done to our code.