Re: Permission denied to SquirrelMail when using Alias

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>> No help on this?
>
> On what?  You removed all the thread context - very unhelpful.
>
> Your problem is not about SquirrelMail software as I recall, so maybe
> you should ask somewhere more appropriate.

Sorry, I include the thread at the bottom.

As I configured Apache according to the squirrelmail documentation my guess
was, that it is not a Apache problem but a problem within the squirrelmail
configuration. I can configure other aliases and these work after I removed
the trailing slashes from the Alias directive:

Alias /webmail/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/SquirrelMail/src/login.php"

When trying to alias to SquirrelMail (http://example.com/webmail/ - why do I
have to use the trailing slashes here still?) I'm getting the login page
without the images but I cannot log in. The browser shows the following:

"Not Found - The requested URL /webmail/redirect.php was not found on this
server."

The apache error log shows the following:

"File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/images, referer: http://example.com/webmail/
script 'C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/SquirrelMail/src/login.phpredirect.php' not
found or unable to stat, referer: http://example.com/webmail/";

I didn't manage to find out where this aliasing to login.phpredirect.php is
coming from. I did a search on the content of all the files on the server
and the expression "login.phpredirect.php" is mentioned nowhere. Any hints
on this?

I don't think it makes sense to include the initial post here now as the
situation has changed - but nevertheless: