Re: Yikes, weird and undocumented problem "character not allowed in mailbox name"

Mast3rbug wrote:

> Don Steiny wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I am using 1.4.15 with dovecot on Linux and instead of folder
>> listings I get:
>>
>> *ERROR: Could not complete request.*
>> Query: CREATE "Maildir/.INBOX.Sent"
>> Reason Given: Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.'
>>

> Hi. I have the same problem here. You said: "I figured it out, when I set
> the default to dovecot it worked!!! " Where did you set this default
> value? Can you explain it a little more? Thanks! Mast3rbug

Default folder prefix should not be set to 'Maildir/'. Maildir/ directory
structure is not visible to IMAP client. Folder prefix should be empty.
Other special folders don't need INBOX. prefix, if you use standard dovecot
namespace configuration. Delimiter should be set to autodetect.

"set default to dovecot" means that you should apply dovecot preset. D
option in conf.pl.