Re: squirrelmail flashes the 'compose' screen on clicking send

> I have this problem whereby when some of my remote users replys to a
> mail and clicks send, squirrelmail flashes the 'compose' screen.

You have to be more specific about the problem description if you want
help.  "Flashes the compose screen" is not something I understand.

> Looking in the the sent items I see the reply email was not sent. I have
> tested this for myself, and it is sporadic and occationally occurs, but
> my users are getting a little pieved on typing a lengthy mail and
> lossing their message.

If it is a bug in SM, it should usually occur regularly based on a
certain set of conditions.  You'll need to do your best to narrow down
what they are so we can help you.

> I initially thought it was a Firefox problem, but it appears to be a
> problem for IE too (wonder if its not a javascript issue).

Try turning JavaScript both on and off (NOT to autodetect) in
Options->Display Preferences.  You also should turn off all plugins
and test pure SM.

> This is what I have installed.
> ii  squirrelmail                    2:1.4.15-3             Webmail for nuts

This looks like a packaged version of SM.  Please try a plain version
downloaded from our website since we are not responsible for others'
modifications to the code.

> ii  squirrelmail-locales            1.4.13-20071220-1      Translations
> for the SquirrelMail Webmail pa

Also list your plugins and their versions.  Remember to review the
posting guidelines.