options.php display issue on -some- accounts

SQM 1.4.16
PHP 5.2.6
MacOS Server 10.5.5

After moving from an older mailserver system to squirrelmail, I discovered a
problem with some of our users. Upon logging in, they are taken right to the
options page, yet clicking on Personal Options, Display Options, or Folder
Options just returns the user to the main options page. Other users have no
such issues, and can set their Options just fine, and are taken to their
Inbox upon login. All users have the same permissions, and are in the same
group, except for administrators, of course.

After looking at similar issues here, I have downgraded the compatibility
plugin from 2.0.13 down as far as vers. 1.3, but nothing changes.

This is the last hurdle I need to overcome to get this new system operating
the way it should, and i'm really stuck.