Re: Want to disabe deletion Right's

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Harshal Yadwadkar <y.harshal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Support,
>
> We are using squirrelmail(1.4.8 and 1.4.15) on our several mail server's.
> Now i have one requirement,that if any mail user recieves any mail in the
> webmail (squirrelmail) then the same mail should not be get's deleted from
> it's Inbox.Means the deletion right's for any recieved mail should be
> get's disabled.Can you please let me know how should we set this setting
> and guide us about the same.

You'd need to edit the code yourself and maintain a patchset.  I'd
recommend that you try to move away from 1.4.8 if at all possible.
You should have your programmer(s) remove the delete buttons from
functions/mailbox_display.php and src/read_body.php and test to make
sure delete functionality doesn't show up elsewhere (for example,
you'll want to also either disallow move-to-trash ability OR make sure
the purge button next to the trash folder is also disabled and that
your IMAP server does not auto-delete messages in the trash folder,
etc.).

Depending on how thorough you want to be, you could also disable the
delete functionality itself in functions/imap_messages.php or grep all
raw IMAP commands for "delete" and put up an error when one happens to
be extra safe.

And, of course, you have to make sure users don't have external access
to the mail server through (an)other client(s).