Re: Add Ham and Junk to the special folders

robcar wrote:

> On Wed, November 5, 2008 15:43, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>

>> robcar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> running Squirrelmail 1.4.6 on top of Courier-Imap.
>>>
>>> I got a couple of IMAP folders that I would like to display on top of
>>> the
>>> others, in the Draft-Sent-Trash 'special folders group'.
>>> Those are Junk and Ham folders; I use them to train Spamassassin and
>>> it's
>>> a bit tedious to move mails searching for them among the 'ordinary
>>> folders'.
>>> So this is what I'd like to achieve:
>>>
>>> INBOX
>>>  Drafts
>>>  Ham
>>>  Junk
>>>  Sent
>>>  Trash
>>>
>>> Is it possible?
>>>

>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=245
>>
>> See AutoSubscribe plugin.
>>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Excerpt from the INSTALL file:
>
> "/**
>  * Comma separated list of mailboxes that must be created
>  * during login. These mailboxes are also marked as special
>  * in SquirrelMail
>  * @global string $autosubscribe_special_folders
>  */
> $autosubscribe_special_folders='INBOX.Spams,INBOX.Hams';
> "
>
> I already have those folders, even if in my case they are named .Junk and
> .Ham
> I don't understand if the fact that they already exist could be a problem
> in my case, cause I obviously don't want them to "be created during
> login".
> I could try it anyway, but I don't want to mess my SM or IMAP
> configuration.

Don't confuse physical folder names with IMAP folder names.

Plugin needs IMAP folder names. In courier-imap .Junk and .Ham maildirs are
represented as INBOX.Junk and INBOX.Ham IMAP folders. Plugin can handle
existing folders. If folder does not exist, it is created on login. If
folder exists, it is subscribed. You might have issues only if you have
corrupted maildir structures in .Ham and .Junk directories. Plugin just
makes sure that folders defined by admin are subscribed and user can see
them in SquirrelMail. If user does not log in, it does not matter, if those
folders exist or not.

You don't mess with your SquirrelMail configuration. You only enable or
disable plugin. If plugin is disabled, automatic subscription code is not
active. If configuration file does not exist, default plugin configuration
does not autosubscribe to any folders.

--
Tomas