one time passwords (OTP) and SquirrelMail?

I found some references to one time passwords (OTP) usage with
SquirrelMail in the mailing list archives, but no definitive answer.

Is it possible to set up SquirrelMail to use OTP? As almost every IMAP
usage in SquirrelMail would be a new connection/authentication, it would
be best if the system could use passwords independent of the real,
system (or fetched from the main database) password.

Real password could be used as a fallback.

I've seen this in the development changelog, which could indicate that
such functionality may exist:

Added code that allows to use internal password functions in sqimap_login().

But not much more info. Anyone?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org