Re: Request receipt acknowledge failure

>> Hi, Dennis!
>> I have to renew extensive exim4 studies. I remember that it has a lots of
>> useful debug functions - such as send email directly using command
line, with verbose logging what is it doing. Problem that I do not know
what filter, transport is should work for this situation. Also it is
sounds suspiciouse that "sender <>" should be transported. It could
break other security settings of mta - made up by Debian package
managers, robust and
>> safe. I'm affraid that I will solve this situation but other security
issues would arise!?
>> CU
>>   tovis
>
> Hi Tovis,
>
> have a look in http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/rfcs/rfc1123.php
>
> one part is:
>     5.2.9  Command Syntax: RFC-821 Section 4.1.2
>
>          The syntax shown in RFC-821 for the MAIL FROM: command omits
the case of an empty path:  "MAIL FROM: <>" (see RFC-821 Page
15).  An empty reverse path MUST be supported.

> You can disable this feature, but your mta will not be compatible to
smtp rfc. Why you have to support it is another question. (-;

> CU
> Dennis

Hi!
I'm back!
After struggling on exim4 configuration and command line switches I have
decided a more simple test (max be is it not so much perfect but simple).
I'm using another account on my box (squirrelmail - apache2 - exim4) and
send to myself a test mail with request of read acknowledge. I have get it
and send an acknowledge - success! I think this mean that my configuration
is OK, but my ISP (upc) is not. Force my ISP to obey RFC-821 is not in my
power. I need a work around, I start "hacking" the squirrelmail code. I
found that receipt sended using function SendMDN, but what field I have
should  fill? I suspect $rfc822_header->from but it seem to be filled,
useing expresion $rfc822_header->parseAddress($replay_to,ture), but in
this case why is it empty?
Could some one help, me?

  tovis

info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):