Re: Change timezone does not work

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Gabriel Lauter wrote:

> Same problem, no answer!
>
> What linux are you using? I'm using Slackware 12.1.
>
> Tnks,
>
> Gabriel
>
> 2008/10/8 Daminto Lie <dlie76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I have posted this before in regards to the wrong time shown in the
>> squirrelmail but received no replies so far. So i thought i needed to
>> re-phrase it a bit more. Recently, we have had the daylight saving that
>> required the clock to be brought forward an hour. Currently, Squirrelmail is
>> showing an hour faster. Thus, have to find a way of adjusting it.
>>
>> I have spent hours trying to figure out why changing the value of the
>> current timezone does not work at all.
>>
>> First attempt was i went to change "my current timezone" from "same as
>> server" to "Australia/Melbourne". Then, clicked to submit and the submit was
>> successful. I signed out and signed back in and saw that the time hadn't
>> changed at all.
>>
>> Second attempts was to upgrade my current PHP from 5.1.1 to 5.2.3 and it
>> was successful. In php.ini, i defined date.timezone to be
>> "Australia/Melbourne" and had it saved and restarted the apache. The result
>> was still the same (time hadn't changed).

It's possible that the underlying OS is using the wrong timezone setting
which requires the applications to calculate the timezone based on an
offset +- 0 to 23 depending on UTC settings of the system clock.

If that is the case, then the time on the server needs to be changed so
it's not using UTC, or is, if it isn't now...

At least there's something you can check.

Karl

>> I'm running out of ideas. Would appreciate greatly if there are any
>> advices. BTW, i use Squirrelmail 1.4.13
>>
>> Thank you in advance

>> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

---