Re: Unable to connect to IMAP

Hi,

I am having problem with getting Squirrelmail up and running on XP Pro. I got the following error when trying to do configtest.

SquirrelMail version: 1.4.13
Config file version: 1.4.0
Config file last modified: 07 March 2008 10:56:47
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.2.3 OK.
    display_errors: 1
    error_reporting: 6135
    variables_order OK: EGPCS.
    PHP extensions OK.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir is the same as data dir.

    ERROR: You have enabled the msg_flags plugin, but I cannot read its setup.php file.

    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: http://localhost/hms_squirrelmail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK ()
Checking IMAP service....

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:143 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in C:\AppServ\www\squirrelmail\src\configtest.php on line 387

    ERROR: Error connecting to IMAP server "localhost:143".Server error: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I tried to run "telnet localhost 143" and the result was that unable to connect to the localhost (as expected).

Hope anyone might be able to help me get around this issue.

Thank you in advance

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.