Re: Adding Favicon To SM Login Screen

Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Paul Carpenter
> <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just want the same favicon.ico file to be listed at my root site and
> webmail site:
>
> http://iamunix.com
> http://iamunix.com/webmail
>
>> It should appear on all pages as the same image, for the bookmarks and
>> address bar. Hence it is normally 16 x 16 x 16 colours and very small in
>> file size (i.e. NOT 3kB). It also must be in ICO file format not JPEG or
>> anything else.
>
> The photo in the center of my iamunix.com/webmail page is .jpg, not
> the favicon. The favicon is "favicon.ico".
>
>> Are you sure you are not thinking of a logo to appear on the login page
>> only?
>
> I clearly already have a logo visible at http://iamunix.com/webmail. I
> am wanting the favicon that already appears on my main page
> iamunix.com to be displayed on the webmail sign on page in the URL
> field.

Nothing is clear about your setup as it appears you have trouble
knowing where anything is.

The URL field is normally referred to as the address bar.

It is ONLY visible on that page because you have used
a <link> tag on the first page
   http://iamunix.xom
or http://www.iamunix.com

as follows

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/favicon.ico" >

So your choice is either

	move favicon to the correct location the
         ROOT directory of iamunix.com

	(BIG hint this is the directory that contains the
	 index.htm or index.html file used for http://iamunix.com)
OR

    add <link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/favicon.ico" >

TO EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF YOUR WEBSITE INCLUDING ALL OF SQUIRRELMAIL.
With appropriate changes to url (folder/directory) location.

>>> Is my favicon not in the right place?
>>
>>  From your other message no, as it needs to be in DocumentRoot of
>>
>>        www.iamunix.com
>>
>> Your webmail is a SUB-folder of your main site.
>
> When I go to http://iamunix.com, I see it in the document root of
> Apache, don't you?

NO your web page specifically shows it is in images directory NOT
the root directory.

It was not exactly difficult to see.

Also simply changing the colour depth from 256 colours to 16 colours
will reduce the filesize to around 300 bytes the size it ought to be.

--
Paul Carpenter          | paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/>    PC Services