Re: Adding Favicon To SM Login Screen

Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Robert Pruitt <robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It does show up at http://iamunix.com/webmail/images/logo.jpg
>
> OK so I am not doing something right because I am wanting the favicon
> to display from the main webmail page, not the photo properties.

Photo properties are very little to do with favicon.ico .

Favicon.ico is NOT a single page item, it is the icon for the WHOLE
website. To appear in places like bookmarks and address bars.

That is why people will setup

	www.example.com

	webmail.example.com

So each can be separate and as a CONSEQUENCE could have separate
favicon.ico files.

> Chances are nobody will ever view the properties of the image itself.
> I would like the favicon to be displayed from the root directory of
> the webmail login page.

It should appear on all pages as the same image, for the bookmarks and
address bar. Hence it is normally 16 x 16 x 16 colours and very small in
file size (i.e. NOT 3kB). It also must be in ICO file format not JPEG or
anything else.

Are you sure you are not thinking of a logo to appear on the login page
only?

> Is my favicon not in the right place?

 From your other message no, as it needs to be in DocumentRoot of

	www.iamunix.com

Your webmail is a SUB-folder of your main site.

--
Paul Carpenter          | paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/>    PC Services