Re: mail_fwd plugin weirdness

Hey Paul,

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>> Hi All, Is anyone using this plugin with MySQL?
>
> Yeesh.  It's a bit of an oldie, isn't it?

Indeedy it is...

>> Once enabled, altering other plugins options, also seems to want to
>> silently run this darn thing, like change sql password, even altering
>> new mail options... but not , say changing a setting in Folder Prefs (or
>> not at least the couple I tried)
>
> Can you re-state in English please?  :-)

OK, I'll try :)

With this plugin enabled, if I go to change certain other settings, like
New Mail, and add in tick for alter title, or go to another section like
change password, and 'submit'  the changes are made correctly, however,
when it then returns you to main options page the message returned is
Forwarding Options saved, even though I went nowhere near that plugin,
this occurs even with re-logins, and when I go to forwarding option, it
_has_ changed things there, wiped out the password, thereby saving the
forwarding option as a sql instruction to delete blah in fowarding, so
it appears to want to run the forwarding on a submit even though I go
nowhere near it :)

> This plugin has nothing to do with passwords that I can remember.

Agreed, and from my (very) limited php knowledge I can't see where it
does, nor the New Mail options either.

> Huh?  What other plugin are you using it with?  Did you try one at a time?

Yes, one at a time, even with change_sqlpass plugin disabled, and altering
New Mail to title on/off etc, it still does it. It's almost like
whatever code is included with mail_fwd is not, somewhere, properly
exiting, log files show no problems, but as  it executes the instructions
with success, I'm not surprised by that one.

> I have a new plugin in beta designed to replace plugins such as this
> one.  It's more complex to configure, but I could assist you.

So long as we can add to it :) The checking is done via a view, and to add
in, we need to obtain a domain ID key (extra code written in, yes, works)
and inserts into the virtual_users table .. and BTW yes, I did remove it
all, and try it with a very fresh un-modified mail_fwd plugin, and it does
the same thing, so I know its not my extra code addition :)

--
Cheers
Res

"The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
-Freiheit