Da: squirrelmail-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:squirrelmail-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Per conto di Paul
Lesniewski
Inviato: martedì 9 settembre 2008 21.02
A: Squirrelmail User Support Mailing List
Oggetto: Re:  squirrel configuration

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Roberto Alonzi
<roberto.alonzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello support,
>
> I have already install a squirrelmail on a webserver apache.
>

> Features of my WEBSERVER is:
>
> OS Sun Solaris 10
>
> Apache 2.2.6
>
> Php 5.0
>
> No real user on system, only root and system users.
>

> Other machine MAILSERVER, with sendmail, dovecot and imap
>

> When I open squirrelmail web page src/login.php, browser display HTTP 500
> Internal Server Error (with no more details)
>
> So, I open error log file of SM but it's blank.
> Apache log file contains only request of open config.php, not login.php.

The mailing list posting guidelines give information about how to
increase your PHP logging.  YOU have to find where/what the "internal
server error" is.  We can't help until you do.

> So, on a browser I haven't information and I don't see login form of SM.
>

> My idea is two machine. One with Web Service (squirrelmail installed) and
> One with Mail Service.
>

> Question:
>
> CAN I INSTALL SM ON A SEVER WITHOUT USERS WITH LINK ON A OTHER MACHINE
WITH
> A MAIL SERVER WITH USERS HOME, OR I MUST HAVE USER ON THE SAME MACHINE
WHERE
> I INSTALL WEBSERVER?

Sure, you can have the web server and mail server on two different machines.

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):
4.58