squirrel configuration

Hello support,

I have already install a squirrelmail on a webserver apache.

Features of my WEBSERVER is:

OS Sun Solaris 10

Apache 2.2.6

Php 5.0

No real user on system, only root and system users.

Other machine MAILSERVER, with sendmail, dovecot and imap

When I open squirrelmail web page src/login.php, browser display HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (with no more details)

So, I open error log file of SM but it’s blank.
Apache log file contains only request of open config.php, not login.php.

So, on a browser I haven’t information and I don’t see login form of SM.

My idea is two machine. One with Web Service (squirrelmail installed) and One with Mail Service.

Question:

CAN I INSTALL SM ON A SEVER WITHOUT USERS WITH LINK ON A OTHER MACHINE WITH A MAIL SERVER WITH USERS HOME, OR I MUST HAVE USER ON THE SAME MACHINE WHERE I INSTALL WEBSERVER?

Thank you

Sorry for my bad English… J

Roberto