Re: Unable To Send Mail From Web

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Carlos Williams <carloswill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:47 PM, David Ford <dford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does postfix think that your server is called 'localhost'?
>> What does the web server think your server is called?
>> They should be the same.
>
> I don't think Postfix is the issue because I have Thunderbird &
> Evolution email client setup to send and receive email fine using
> Postfix <SMTP> and Dovecot <IMAP> and it works perfect. I can send &
> receive email all day long with no problems. It is when I attempt to
> send (SMTP) using Squirrelmail as the client. Something or somewhere
> in a Squirrelmail config file, it is identifying itself as
> <192.168.0.100> which according to Postfix & RFC rules is not allowed
> and rejected. I am simply trying to locate why and where Squirrelmail
> is making this from and properly configure this.

Do you know for sure that the IP address is used in the EHLO command?
Did you sniff the connection?

SM tries to use the server environment's HTTP_HOST to do the EHLO.  If
not found, it uses the $domain from your SM configuration.  So I'd
guess that your server does not have a hostname properly configured.