Re: SquirrelMail 1.4.15 - How to modify the mail headerinformation Received

I of course am top posting, and I apologize, but in this case thought that
it might warrent a top post. (again, sorry, but I suspect the person
asking the question might not read this answer.

I see that by having a domain name of xxx.xxx.local, that you are using a
Windows Server that is a member of a Windows Domain, or a Domain
Controller.

I am of course making some assumptions (and again apologize).

You need to visit a registrar (such and www.networkolutions.com or
www.godaddy.com or www.tosdomains.com (there are many more)) and register
a domain name.  Once your domain name is registered with a registrar, you
need to tell your ISP and tell them what your domain name is. You will
also probably need to tell your ISP what username and password you created
for the Registrar of your domain name.

There are many spam filters that will not pass mail unless the last part
of the domain name end in .com, .edu, .net, etc. (.local, and .int are all
Windows Domain extensions that are used so as not to confuse the windows
domain with an internet domain.

Hope this helps - and again, apologize for top posting

Thanks
mike