Re: emails moving from one inbox to another

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Matt Hardwick <mjh2887@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some troubles with Squirrel Mail...
>
> When I logout of one account (dave), and into another account (simon)
> - all the emails in the inbox of the first person (dave) seem get
> merged into the inbox of the second person (simon). So now when Dave
> logs in, he has no emails... and when Simon logs in he has all of
> Daves email as well as his own. New emails to Dave go into his account
> OK, but if I was to login to Dave, log out and then into Simon again -
> all of Daves emails will move into Simon's inbox.
>
> Any one had this issue before?

This is entirely impossible in SquirrelMail.  The only known issue in
SM related to multiple user logins is if you DO NOT log out of the
first user account before logging into the second one, the preferences
of the second user will be overwritten with those of the first (IIRC).
 This may make some things look like they have moved from user dave's
account into user simon's, but mails simply cannot be moved like that.
 Period.

> The mail server I believe is University of Washington.

If you are not the system administrator, please contact them with your
problem.  Make sure you are not using any other IMAP client (Outlook,
Thunderbird, etc) at the same time.  Make sure you always sign out (if
you want to be really safe, close all browser windows too) before
logging in as another user.