Re: Certain plugins not appearing depending on IMAP server setting

On 22-Aug-08, at 11:02 AM, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

Iann Gorrill-2 wrote:

Hello all,

A client asked me today why he couldn't see the New Mail Options link
in the Options page (SM 1.4.15).  I had a look, the plugin is enabled
in the configure script, but nope, no option to use it in the Options
page.

So, I had a look at another SM installation I have, and it was
there.  Strange, so I download a fresh copy of SM and use the same
config as the original issue, no New Mail link.  Really strange.  At
this point, I determine the only thing that's different between the
one that works and the one that doesn't is the one that works talks
directly to the IMAP server, while the one that doesn't uses
ImapProxy (as suggested in the SM docs for optimization):

As soon as I change the SM install that doesn't work to talk directly
to the IMAP server, the New Mail option shows up.  Also, it doesn't
appear changing the Server Software option in the configure script
makes any difference.

So, any thoughts on this one?

Display of "NewMail Options" block does not depend on used imap server. It
depends on HTTP_USER_AGENT string provided by browser.

--
Tomas
--

How does that explain my situation in any way?  I'm using the same browser throughout testing.  Change the IMAP server, option shows up, change it back, option goes away.  And for confirmation, I tested against Opera 9, Firefox 3, and Konqueror (some version or another) and could confirm it on all three.

--
Iann Gorrill
Network Analyst  igorrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Earn Free Hosting by recommending others to LFC: http://www.lfchosting.com/affiliate.shtml