Re: Squirrelmail: The server couldn't find the message you requested.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:49 PM, xiaojie <xiaojie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have installed qmail-toaster as my mail server and squirrelmail as my
> webmail client. Recently when i migrated my mail server to a new machine, i
> encountered the following problems. Some users report that some mails are
> unreadable through squirrelmail.
>
> The error message i received in squirrelmail is like below:
>
>>The server couldn't find the message you requested.
>
>>Most probably your message list was out of date and the message has been
>> moved away or deleted (perhaps by another program accessing the same
>> mailbox).
>
> I checked the courierimapuiddb that the UID jumps from 1230 to 3001 suddenly
> and the mails start from 3001 cannot be read. I can ensure that no mails are
> lost.
>
> Just now i tried to delete the courierimapuiddb file and restart the qmail.
> When i accessed squirrelmail, the new courierimapuiddb shows the max uid
> is 1361 and after i randomly access some mail, the max uid keeps increasing.
>
> 1227 200604051241125E02.tmp
> 1228 200604061738396EA0.tmp
> 1229 2005040111570096A9.tmp
> 1230 200501012257384ACE.tmp
> 3001 200601050920099902.tmp
> 3002 2005070502335445A4.tmp
> 3003 20041021172838513E.tmp
> 3004 20050715163354652F.tmp
> 3005 200510281433411FE4.tmp
> 3006 200410020038431786.tmp
>
> And only those uids greater than 1230 keep increasing and unreadable.

Although you don't specifically detail what actions seem to generate
the erroneous UID problems, this sounds a lot like an IMAP server
issue and not much to do with SM.  I'd take this to a more relevant
forum or try reinstalling your IMAP server and migrating your mail
again/differently after you verify that a clean (no messages) server
is working as expected.