Re: Downloading squirrel messages via POP3?

> My squirrel inbox is currently over quote and nothing that I do results
> in a message deleted.
>
> Even when I try to delete one message, I get the following error:
>
> ERROR : Could not complete request.
> Query: EXAMINE "INBOX"
> Reason Given: EXAMINE failed: Unable to extend mailbox: Disk quota
> exceeded
>
> I did some research, and I do have the trash disable, so that is already
> done.
>
> I found a response in one of my search results that suggested downloading
> the messages via POP3 to free up some space, but I am not sure of what
> settings to use to configure this (I am assuming I can use something like
> Yahoo to receive the message).

The mails aren't stored in SquirrelMail - they are stored at a server
somewhere (as files or in a database). An IMAP and/or a POP3 server access
the mail storage and provides the end users with ways to read and
administrate the mails. SquirrelMail must communicate with an IMAP server,
which in turn will access the mail storage. You need to ask you system
administrator if there's a POP3 server in your system, and if so: what
configuration you need in your POP3 client to download your mails that
way. Then again, your system administrator might also be able to help fix
your problem without you having to use a POP3 client.

Sincerely,
Fredrik