Re: UW IMAP not letting me login.

On Mon, August 11, 2008 05:06, Ed Curtis wrote:
> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> Ed Curtis-2 wrote:

>>> I have "I accept the risk" on first line and no new line after set
>>> disable-plaintext nil as per all the documentation I've read.
>>>

>> Documentation does not say anything about lack of newline after set
>> disable-plaintext nil. Add linefeed after setting and check, if program
>> recognizes the setting. If it is still not working, show your
>> c-client.cf.
>> Preferably As compressed email attachment.
>>

> Ha. That's incredibly funny. I added a newline to the file and it works
> fine now. Everything I've found and read online said 'DO NOT' add a
> newline to the end of the file. Thanks guys.
>
> Ed
It may depend on your editor.  If you use vi each line has a new line
added to it.  If you use joe you have to add a new line.  If you are
running vi and put in a carrige return/enter you will have a blank line.
That may be the source of the confusion.

Just a thought.
------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer