Re: Unread messages don't show in folder list

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:37:43 +1000, "Robert S"
<robert.spam.me.senseless@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm running SM 1.4.10a on gentoo on a small mail server.  Recently I
>upgraded squirrelmail.  Now when I open the main page the unread
>messages aren't marked in bold in the left-hand pane.  Changing
>versions of SM haven't fixed this since then.  Recently I changed my
>IMAP server from courier to dovecot (much faster) and this has still
>not fixed the problem.  I've run the configure script and have set SM
>to run with dovecot as the IMAP server.
>
>Any suggestions?

When you upgraded your SquirrelMail installation, did you copy over
your preferences files? Addressbooks?  If not, then your issue is
likely caused by missing user options.  Try going to Options | Folder
Preferences, and check the "Enable Unread Message Notification", and
"Unread Message Notification Type" options, make sure they're set to
something sensible, ie, "All Folders", and "Only Unseen".
--
Jon Angliss
<jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>