Re: Shane's GPG problem

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:36 PM,  <shanesmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Jon and Paul,
>
> About my computer:
> SquirrelMail version    1.4.9a (from src/login.php)
> Plugins installed:      GPG Plugin v 2.1
> gpg (GnuPG)             1.4.9
> PHP Version             5.2.6
> Web Server version:     Apache/2.0.63
> Courier-IMAP            4.3.1/i386-portbld-freebsd5.3/Mon Jun 23 04:39:26 MDT 2008
> SMTP server version     1.03 qmail
> OS                      FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p37
> I'm also using procmail to sort incoming and tmda to exclude spam.
>
> The system has moved several times and the box it is on now has had some
> recent upgrades.
>
> -----
>
> I have several issues that I will summarize to help understand what to
> tackle first.

You should start an email thread about each one separately.  There is
no need to put your own name in the subject line.

> 1) GPG fails to encrypt on send. I can decrypt incoming and the keyring
> management seems to be OK. This problem resulted from the recent move
> and/or update of the software. Before the move it was working.

You might endeavor to test that nothing is broken one update at a
time.  It's not clear what you mean by "move", but the same goes with
that, whatever that is (moved the hard drive?).  The GPG plugin
authors seem not to be around these days, so the best thing to do
might be to reinstall the plugin from scratch.  I think there might be
slightly newer code for that plugin in the authors' CVS repository.

> 2) GPG inserts "character entities" into the to: and subject: fields. This
> is an old problem that moved across installations and through the upgrade
> from an earlier GPG version plugin. I've never had that right but just
> worked around it. I want to fix that.
>
> 3) I was unable to get tmda-tools plugin to work right.

Post details about the problem in another thread.

> 4) I want to automatically add to ~.tmda/lists/whitelist on compose.
> Perhaps tmda-tools can do this.

It'd probably have to be added by you or someone else.  I might
consider it as a new feature for the Spam Buttons plugin.

> 5) I want users to be able to change system passwords. I tried some
> plugins but failed to make that happen.

This depends entirely on where your passwords are stored and is best
addressed in another thread as well.