Re: Changing password message

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:54:00 -0500, "sharif islam"
<sharif.islam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using the change_password plugin on Squirrelmail 1.4.10a.

There are a handful of change password plugins, and none of them have
that name, there is a change_passwd, it'd be handy if you posted a
link.

Also, I'd recommend upgrading SM, 1.4.10a is old, and subject to known
security issues.

> After I change the password in the option page,
>I get one of messages:
>
>--> Changing password for user datadump.
>
>instead of
>"Password changed successfully" .
>

>The password succesfully gets change but the message seems to be not
>displaying. Any idea?
>

>   fputs($pop_socket, "newpass $cp_newpass\r\n");
>    change_pass_readfb($pop_socket, $result, $messages, $debug);
>    change_pass_closeport($pop_socket, $messages, $debug);
>    if(!preg_match('/^2\d\d/', $result) ) {
>        return $messages;
>    }
>
>    $messages[] = _("Password changed successfully.");

If this is the actual code, then the issue is relatively clear.
$result isn't returning a numeric beginning with 2, but the function
that connects to your back end is returning some other verbiage that
is reporting the password is changed successfully.  Provide more
details about the plugin, and we might be able to help a little more.
--
Jon Angliss
<jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>