Re: installation

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:05 AM, rob62 <bobm8611@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I was smart enough to interpret the instructions, I could write the
> program myself.

Show which instructions you cannot understand.  They are not intended
for programmers.

> So, I'm a dummy in need of HELP
>
> I uploaded the files.
> I created "attachments" and "data-dir" and chang mode on "attachments"

Show listings for these directories if you want confirmation.

> conf.php loads and I'm stuck.

There is no such file.  If you are trying to access config/config.php
in your browser, you are not doing the right thing (nowhere does it
say to do this).  You need to be more specific what you are trying to
"load" and how (browser?  command line?), and what is happening ("I'm
stuck" is not enough).  If you think there are errors occurring, read
the mailing list posting guidelines again which tell you how to find
the errors - then show them here.

> Obviously I need to input name, password and location of dirs outside sm

What dirs are those?  Name and password are input on the login screen
after SM is all set up.  Also try browsing to the src/configtest.php
page to validate that your configuration is correct.