Re: Squirrel web mail vs outlook

Eric Shiau wrote:

> Recently, I set up Squirrel web mail, everything looks fine; however, with
> comparison with outlook app and found Squirrel web mail has less e-mails
> in inbox than outlook, how to fix it?

I suspect that you have set Outlook to use POP3 service. SquirrelMail uses
IMAP service. Main difference between POP3 clients (your Outlook account
settings) and IMAP clients (SquirrelMail) - place where they store emails.
POP3 clients store emails locally and IMAP clients keep them on server.
SquirrelMail can't see other emails because they are no longer stored on
server.

If you want to use both programs, set Outlook to use IMAP service and copy
or move all locally stored emails to server.

If your primary email client is Outlook and SquirrelMail is only used to
check email, when you are not at your workdesk, accept the fact that Outlook
will delete all emails stored in INBOX folder when it fetches emails in
POP3.

--
Tomas