Re: Unable to reply from SM 1.4.10a or 1.4.15

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:32 PM, G. Armour Van Horn <vanhorn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of my users called this evening to say he was on the road and unable
> to reply to e-mails using SquirrelMail. He told me that he had replied
> to mail with SM in the past, he thought he had done this as recently as
> last week.
>
> I confirmed the problem by logging in with his account, opening a
> message, and attempting to reply. I got a message from Firefox:
> Opening compose.php (title bar)
> You have chose to open
> compose.php
> which is a:PHP Script
> from: http://www.in-tel-a-choice.com
> followed by "Open with" and "Save to Disk" options
>
> In WIE 7 I got a new window with "Current Folder: INBOX" at the top,
> followed by
> "Compose  Addresses  Folders  Options  Search  Help". When I hit Compose
> I get
>
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (etc.)
>
> This was with version 1.4.10a. I then downloaded and installed 1.4.15,
> with no change in behavior.

In that case, sounds to me like a configuration problem.

> I had a request from another client to add webmail to his domain, so I
> copied 1.4.15 into his site and got exactly the same result. The only
> change I made to the files as extracted from the tarball was that I
> copied the qotd_login plugin into the plugins folder. (Since I am the
> owner of QOTD.org, I always make that a part of my SM installations!)

Not sure how recently that plugin has been updated.  You should always
remove ALL plugins when debugging problems.  It is probably unrelated,
but please remove all plugins.

> I know of no recent issues with the server that might have brought this
> change about.
>
> I'm running Apache as installed with Centos 4.
>
> /webmail/src/configtest.php reports no problems that I can see, and
> shows that I am running PHP 4.3.9 and Sendmail 8.13.1. I don't think I
> want it to end up in the mailing list archive, but I will gladly supply
> the URL to configtest.php on this server if it might help.
>
> I have also tried this in several other domains, and found two where
> everything works perfectly, including replies, but they are running 1.4.9a.
>
> Any suggestions to getting all my installations back to work would be
> most welcome.

Watch the maillog and httpd error logs when this happens with error
reporting turned all the way up.  Also review your configuration file
for any irregularities in syntax or setting values.  Try reconfiguring
the application from scratch using the configuration utility.