Re: Any known bugs with reply-to going to wrong user?

Thanks. I know this is the squirrelmail list and not a helpdesk - I
was just noting that I got my information from the local helpdesk so
it is second hand. I am the system administrator. I was unable to
interrogate the customer because she was so very upset, and I don't
want to step in unless I can offer some advice or explanation.

>  Only thing I can think of is that either SM's message restore
>  mechanism or quicksave (plugin) saved part of the message headers
>  before some kind of browser crash... when she logged in again, it may
>  have done something weird with filling in those headers, but in
>  reality, I've never heard of this, and it should not be possible to
>  only restore some parts of the message whilst leaving the others as
>  is.  Especially if you have an up-to-date SM installation.  Without
>  more details on how it all happened, there is nothing anyone can
>  realistically suggest except to make sure your software is up to date.

We do have the quicksave plugin enabled. I agree that it's extremely
wierd and I'd have been inclined to not believe the student except for
the message headers.  Thank you for the pointer - it is at least an
action I can offer to take. If nobody else here has ever experienced
anything like this, I will take that message back to the Dean. But if
anyone knows of any specific fixed bug I would like to know that also
(otherwise, it's not clear that upgrading would change anything)

thanks, Betsy

(The squirrelmail server is not at the top of the upgrade list because
until now it ain't been broke, and we've been migrating away from it
to gmail - which is another story )