Help Request: Inbox fubar'ed?

I subscribe to the squirrelmail-users mailing list.
  [X ]  True - No need to CC me when replying
  [ ]  False - Please CC me when replying

This bug occurs when I ...
  ... process e-mail on one account, but not on others on the same server

The description of the bug:  Slower than normal response from server,
although eventually messages can be read.  Attempts to delete or move
messages complete without an error message.  Moves create a copy as
expected, however neither delete or moves eliminate the original e-mail in
the inbox.  System works fine on other accounts, AND other folders on the
problem account.

I can reproduce the bug by: simply trying.  Occurs in both Firefox and IE6.

(Optional) I got bored and found the bug occurs in:

(Optional) I got really bored and here's a fix:

My browser information:
  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14)
Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

My web server information:
  PHP Version 5.2.6RC4-pl0-gentoo
  PHP Extensions (List)
    * 0 = libxml
    * 1 = xml
    * 2 = tokenizer
    * 3 = session
    * 4 = pcre
    * 5 = SPL
    * 6 = standard
    * 7 = Reflection
    * 8 = mysql
    * 9 = mcrypt
    * 10 = mbstring
    * 11 = imap
    * 12 = iconv
    * 13 = gettext
    * 14 = gd
    * 15 = dom
    * 16 = dba
    * 17 = date
    * 18 = ctype
    * 19 = zlib
    * 20 = openssl
    * 21 = apache2handler

SquirrelMail-specific information:
  Version:  1.4.13
  Plugins (List)
    * 0 = squirrelspell
    * 1 = compatibility
    * 2 = bug_report

My IMAP server information:
  Server type:  other
  Server info:  * OK [HIDDEN] IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS
STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] localhost IMAP4rev1 2004.357 at Tue, 22 Apr 2008
09:47:44 -0500 (CDT)
  Capabilities:  IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS
BINARY UNSELECT SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
MULTIAPPEND SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN