Re: How to migrate IMAP account to a POP account

Steven Garner wrote:

> I have an IMAP account with a large amount of email (100MB) in it, that I
> would like to convert to POP before downloading all the email off the
> server.  What is the correct way to do this?  Do I have to download all
> the
> email off the server first using IMAP, and then convert it to POP, or can
> do it the other way around (preferred)?  When I just change the settings
> in
> EIMS Admin, the email does not migrate (become available for downloading
> by
> POP).
> Using EIMS Server X 3.3.7

Are those emails stored in INBOX folder?

EIMS manual shows that you don't "convert" accounts to POP3 or IMAP. You can
only enable or disable POP3 and IMAP access. Since "Login Enabled" and "IMAP
Login Enabled" are checkboxes and not radio boxes, user can have account
with both POP3 and IMAP logins enabled. Main difference between POP3 and
IMAP - POP3 server does not support folders and user sees data only from one
folder.

--
Tomas