Re: Safari 3.1.1 and Compose HTML

Nick <nagios.nick <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any issues with using the Compose HTML in Safari
> 3.1.1.   When I have this preference set, I am unable to see the
> editing bar above the compose window.  If i do not have this
> preference set, I do not see the option in the compose window to click
> on the radio button.  It is only in Safari 3.1.1.
>
> Any ideas?

fckeditor and htmlarea engine versions used by html_mail plugin don't support
Safari. Plugin is set to enable html editor only in certain Internet Explorer
and Mozilla versions.

You can check if your browser can be used with fckeditor or tinymce by testing
their demo pages (http://www.fckeditor.net/demo and
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/example_full.php?example=true)

You might be able to trick plugin into enabling html mode by forging user-agent
string, but I think it will be broken. HTML editor widgets depend on some
non-standard browser features.

--
Tomas