Re: Auto Login in SquirrelMail.

Please do not top-post

> > Is there a way in SquirrelMail to bypass the sign on and pass in the user
> > and password through a query string or Post?
> > I have already authenticated the user on my own site, I would prefer not to
> > have them enter a use rid and password again.
>
> I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but I have done so with:
>
> /webmail/src/redirect.php?login_username=$user&secretkey=$pw&just_logged_in=1&js_autodetect_results=0

Sending the password in a URI is never a good idea.  If you're already
using PHP and have an authenticated user, the best approach would be
to try to set a SquirrelMail key cookie in your code before you
redirect to SM.  You could rip out most of the needed code from
src/redirect.php and then just redirect to src/webmail.php.  If
directory path issues prevent your other application from setting the
cookie in the right place (path), then you can add some code to the
top of src/webmail.php that catches un-logged-in (to SquirrelMail)
users and get their credentials from your other application and do the
work there to set up SM.  Yet another possibility that may be less
work is to modify src/redirect.php to work with credentials from your
other application instead of the typical POST data from the login
page.  This all is probably possible to do as a SM plugin (please
share with the community).