Re: login with no ldap account

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:28 AM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Richard Gliebe
> <richard.gliebe@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with some users which have no ldap accounts, they
>> have only user account on
>> our imap Server.
>>
>> They (with only a local account on our imap server) get following
>> error message from the login screen:
>>
>> Warning: ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Invalid credentials
>> in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/retrieveuserdata/ldap.php on
>> line 67
>> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
>> (output started at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/retrieveuserdata/
>> ldap.php:67) in/usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php on line 416
>> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
>> (output started at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/retrieveuserdata/
>> ldap.php:67) in/usr/share/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php on line 65
>>
>> Is it possible to mix the authentification method with ldap and imap
>> accounts?
>
> Authentication only goes to IMAP.  That is not your problem.  You need
> to disable the retrieveuserdata plugin or re-code it so it knows when
> a user has user data in LDAP and when it does not.

thanks for your replay. Can you give me any hint, where I have to edit
some Code.

My idea is to insert an "if/then" question like.

if [ $user has an IMAP account (with ldapsearch) ]
   then
      <use the retrieveuserdata plugin>
   else
      <use IMAP server authentication>
fi

thanks in advance

Richard

>> We are running squirrelmail 1.4.10a-2~dapper1 on Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS
>> with
>> the plugin 'retrieveuserdata.0.9-1.4.0'
>>
>> Almost of your clients have an account on your global ldap Server
>> (which works really fine ;-))
>
> We don't host any LDAP servers.  We don't host anything except
> source code.

Richard Gliebe
Information Services
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH / University for Applied Science

Hochschulstrasse 1, A-6850 Dornbirn
Telefon	+43 / (0)5572 / 792-2207
E-Mail:	richard.gliebe@xxxxxx
WWW:	www.fhv.at