Re: Lockout plugin does not send notificiation email

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:46 AM, casfre@xxxxxxxxx <casfre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >  > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:08 PM, casfre@xxxxxxxxx <casfre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >  >  > Hi,
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >      I am having a problem with lockout-1.4-1.4.1 plugin.
>  >  >  >      Problem: the email to 'postmaster' ( configured in
>  >  >  >  lockout/data/config.php) is not being sent when there is a lockout.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  My configs:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Active plugins ( in this order ).
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  bookmarks 2.0.3-1.4.1
>  >  >  >  msg_flags-1.4.10-1.4.3
>  >  >  >  change_pass-2.7a-1.4.x
>  >  >  >  lockout-1.4-1.4.1
>  >  >  >  squirrel_logger-2.0-1.2.7 ( docs ask to let it at the end of plugins list )
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I am using compatibility-2.0.10-1.0 plugin ( not activated )
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  php 5.2.5
>  >  >  >  apache 2.2.8
>  >  >  >  Slackware 12.0.0
>  >  >  >  squirrelmail 1.4.13 ( Installed from squirrelmail site sources )
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I am using $max_login_attempts= '3:6:30', not IP or CAPTCHA activated ( = '' ).
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Squirrel_logger is working correctly in the same context, I mean, it
>  >  >  >  sends emails when there is "spam abuse suspect", to postmaster, and
>  >  >  >  logs to syslog correctly.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  No errors in /var/log/httpd/error.log.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  User is being blocked after 3 failure login attempts ( not tested
>  >  >  >  automatic unblocking by time ).
>  >  >  >  If I remove the correct line from
>  >  >  >  lockout_plugin_login_failure_information.pref, user is authorized to
>  >  >  >  login, imediately.
>  >  >  >  When user is blocked, it can not login and the "access denied" message
>  >  >  >  is displayed.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Until now I didn't notice any other problem with my Squirrelmail.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  So, everything appears to be working as expected, except for the
>  >  >  >  missing notification email.
>  >  >
>  >  >  I think this is due to changes in the mail sending API internally in
>  >  >  the SM core since the plugin's last release.  I was looking at
>  >  >  releasing another version somewhat soon, so I'll take a look in the
>  >  >  next couple days.  Please check the website by Monday and respond on
>  >  >  this thread if the problem still exists OR EVEN IF IT DOES NOT.
>  >
> [...]

Verify the value of $lockout_notification_addresses, indicate which
rule you are setting to 3:6:30, and then watch your SMTP server's log
file when a lockout occurs.  It should have the most useful
information about what is going wrong.  Also watch your web server log
file for any problems there and give more details about your SMTP
server.

FWIW, this thread probably should have been posted on the plugins mailing list.

Thanks,
Paul