Re: outbind & blank.png

Jon Angliss wrote:

> Hi Greg
>
>> I get the following link on some of my messages generally mailing list
>> generated/html messages.
>
>> The links all become: http://www.domain.com/sm/images/blank.png
>> The links are functional if I open the same message with Outlook etc.
>
>> 1.  #1 Text of link 1 <br>
>> 2.  #2 Text of link 2 <br>
>> 3.  #3 Text of link 3 <br>
>
>> In Outlook I get an outbind://2-000000000FEF899/#1
>> #2 #3 and the links work and jump down the page as appropriate.
>
>> It there a way to fix this in SM 1.4.11?
>
> I'm looking at this issue.  I believe there is an open bug on internal
> html anchors, and I'm trying to figure out a nice way to handle them.
>
> - --
> Jon Angliss
> <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Has there been a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with some
linked text in messages (i.e. someone did [a href="link.html"]link[/a],
though not all of them - most will work.  But for the most part, if one link
doesn't work in an email, none of them do, and vice versa.  Could this just
be an error on the part of the way the sender composed the email and MIME
stuff? (perhaps no solution then?)  I'm not sure what the difference is
between the emails that work and the ones that don't.  Links that are plain
text like "see http://example.com";) always work.  I tried using the
view_as_html plugin, but no difference.  I forwarded an email with this
problem to an account that I view with Thunderbird, and links worked fine.

I looked though documentation and the mailing lists, but saw no other
relevant matches.

Using Squirrelmail 1.4.11 on linux server
I have html_mail plugin installed.