Re: squirrelmail and LDAP addressbook

Arie Skliarouk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just set up squirrelmail and LDAP addressbook, and want to report
> on
> bug I have noticed:
>
> I have build /etc/squirrelmail/config_default.php using conf.pl script.
> Parameters procotol, binddn and bindpw had to be added manually, as
> conf.plhad no options to add these.

If protocol and authentication options are not available in conf.pl, they
are not used in bundled ldap address book backend. If you take ldap backend
from newer SquirrelMail scripts, you will break it, because that your
SquirrelMail version does not have required decoding functions.

If you don't have protocol/auth options in conf.pl, upgrade your
squirrelmail package and used OS. SquirrelMail 1.4.2 was released more than
four years ago. Newer versions ask for auth/protocol information, when you
setup ldap address book backend.

> For some reason, the parameters in /etc/squirrelmail/config_default.php
> file
> were not picked up

SquirrelMail interface does not use config_default.php. This file stores
configuration defaults used only by configuration utilities.